I can’t help but notice that of all the blog posts ever made on this site, the most popular one is the “About Rachel” one — a very brief token bio of myself, as this blog’s author. Nice to see my readers are focused on what’s important!
Anyway, I figured I’d take a bit of an intermission from the political circus to indulge the curious with this “Fifty Questions” survey that I lifted from my good friend, Lisa, over at The LOTUS Blog.
By: Rachel Marsden
1. Do you like cheese?
Love it. Especially really sharp, old cheddar that bites you back.
2. Have you ever smoked heroin?
Heroin?! I haven’t even smoked a cigarette, or a joint — and I grew up in Vancouver, Canada, “Home of the Whooper Spliff”.
3. Do you own a gun?
No. But I’ve temporarily borrowed them off a cop.
4. Your favorite song?
Je Ne Regrette Rien, by Edith Piaf
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?
No, I usually get bored though.
6. What do you think of hot dogs?
LOVE THEM! But I don’t understand why eating them is considered by some to be a sport worthy of ESPN coverage.
7. What’s your favorite Christmas song?
Il Est Ne Le Divin Enfant
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Vitamin Water or hot chocolate
9. Can you do push ups?
More of them than any guy I’ve ever met. Actually, I won a push-up contest against a bunch of guys at my old gym in Vancouver.
10. Is your bathroom clean?
Compared to what? A surgical center?
11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry?
Jewelry is a waste of money.
12. Favorite Hobby?
13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
Why bother? If it’s that much effort, I’m not interested.
14. Do you have A.D.D.?
No, the opposite, in fact. I have a very high resistance to boredom.
15. What one trait do you hate about yourself?
That I’m too tolerant and give people too many chances when they don’t deserve it.
16. Middle Name?
Don’t have one.
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?
This is time that I’ll never get back. Also, I’m hungry. And FreshDirect.com doesn’t have an open grocery delivery slot until SATURDAY!
18. Name the last 3 things you have bought?
Stuff for Grand Central Political (launching on Feb 4th at GrandCentralPolitical.com), Vitamin Water (flavour: Revive), Haribo Coke Bottles candy.
19. Name 3 things you usually drink?
Coke Zero, martinis, Vitamin Water (I know you’re starting to think that they sponsor me or something — but they don’t.)
20. Current worry right now?
Too busy to worry.
21. Current hate? or pet peeve?
People who think these early presidential primaries represent the apocalypse.
22. Favorite place to be?
23. How did you bring in the New Year?
By going to see Alien vs. Predator: Requiem!
24. Where would you like to go?
25. Name three people who will complete this and return?
Oh, PLEASE don’t!
26. Do you own slippers?
No, I have socks. What a waste of money.
27. What shirt are you wearing?
A pink fitted t-shirt that reads: “Un enfant terrible dans la ville belle et sauvage.”
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
No, I don’t live in a brothel.
29. Can you whistle?
Yes, but I don’t annoy people by doing it in public — unlike a lot of people.
30. Favorite color?
31. Would you be a pirate?
Sounds like a bit of a loser career choice.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower?
Usually whatever was playing on the radio and wormed its way into my brain when my alarm went off.
33. Favorite girl’s name?
34. Favorite boy’s name?
Mohammed! (Oh, NOT!!)
35. What’s in your pocket right now?
36. Last thing that made you laugh?
Same thing that made Osama bin Laden laugh: The thought of “President HICKabee”!
37. Best bed sheets as a child?
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had?
Tendonitis in both shoulders, from repetitive overuse as a competitive swimmer. Recovering from having all 4 wisdom teeth extracted at the age of 31/32 wasn’t a picnic, either.
39. Do you love where you live?
Yes! It’s NYC — what’s not to love?
40. How many TVs do you have in your house?
One. And I barely use it. All the good stuff is on YouTube.
41. Who is your loudest friend?
42. Who is your most silent friend?
The silent ones don’t last long.
43. Does someone have a crush on you?
Who cares — I’m too busy for that crap.
44. Do you wish on shooting stars?
45. What is your favorite book?
The one I haven’t written yet, but will.
46. What is your favorite candy?
Purdy’s Chocolate — specifically, their peanut butter bars.
47. Favorite Sports Team?
The Republican Party
48. What song do you want played at your funeral?
My Way, by Frank Sinatra. And I’m Still Standing by Elton John — because that would be funny to listen to while someone’s all horizontal inside a coffin.
49. What were you doing 12 AM last night?
Watching the movie, Atonement, at my local movie theatre.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up?
Wow, I’m still alive! Yay!